Gymnema Herbal Tea for Diabeties:
Gymnema Herbal Tea
An effective supplement to lower blood sugar levels
What is Gymnema sylvestre ?
It is an extract of ayurvedic herbs used widely in traditional Eastern medication practice that has attracted interest and recognition from Western medical practitioners.
What is ayurvedic medicine ?
It is Eastern traditional medicine using herb extracts from various plants to treat such conditions such as hypertension, inflammation, obesity and blood sugar levels.
What does Gymnema sylvestre effect?
The active ingredient in Gymnema sylvestre is "gymnemic acid" which effects the :
* taste buds in the oral cavity, the acid prevents the taste buds from being activated by any sugar molecules in the food.
* absorptive surface of the intestines, the acid prevents the intestine from absorbing sugar molecules.
Practical uses of Gymnema sylvestre ?
* a reduced appetite for sweet tasting food
* reduces metabolic effects of sugar by reducing it's digestion by the intestines thus reducing the blood sugar level.
In Treating Blood Sugar :
In experimental and clinical trials, Gymnema sylvestre has been successful in reducing blood sugar levels without reducing the blood sugar level to below the normal blood sugar levels.
Other uses of Gymnemasylvestre ?
* Snakebite is treated by dusting the wound with powdered root, or applying a paste of the root powder to the wound.
* Fever is treated with an oral administration of half an ounce to an ounce (1 part in 10) of leaves.
* Swollen glands are treated with an external application of triturated leaves mixed with castor oil.
Why Gymnema sylvestre ?
Due to it's non-toxic nature and sweetness-suppression activity, Gymnemasylvestre can play a vital role in treating conditions caused by excessive sugar intakes. Not only people with high blood sugar levels may benefit from it, conditions like obesity, hypoglycemia, anemia and osteoporosis can also be treated using GymnemaSylvestre.